Iceland truly offers a unique and awe-inspiring adventure!
Experience frozen mountains and glaciers, thrilling excursions and fantastic black sand beaches
Iceland bulges with adventure, unbelievable sights, and experiences. In the frozen north, whales breach and swim, snow-covered hills dive into deep blue fjords, and the giant cascades of Goðafoss - ‘Waterfall of the Gods‘– are frozen mid-leap. In the south, monster 4WDs lead you to enormous glaciers, volcanoes, black and blue ice caves, and fantastic black sand beaches – one even filled with enormous Diamonds! With 5 nights well away from city lights and far from light pollution, you have ample chances to gaze in awe at the elusive Northern lights. The ‘Northern Lights’ are absolutely at the behest of nature, even though our chances are very high, as you will understand, cannot be guaranteed.
This tour has a baggage restriction of 23kg per person on the internal flights that form part of this tour. Any excess baggage is to be paid locally per flight by the traveller directly and is subject to the carriage conditions of the airline. Albatross Tours is not liable for any additional luggage costs incurred while travelling. Travel in a first-class air-conditioned touring coach
Beverages other than tea/coffee are NOT included with meals. Welcome drink in Reykjavík 20 meals including buffet breakfast daily (B), 2 lunches (L) and 7 evening meals (D)
Hotel porterage is not available on this tour Free WiFi at hotels (where available) 11 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation as described
Personal audio system whilst on tour (where available) All excursions, scenic flights, drives, sightseeing, activities and entrances as described Local guides as described in the itinerary ALL tips to your Tour Manager, Driver and Local Guides Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
ALL excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
If you haven't found what you are looking for then use our Tour Finder to search for another tour.
Hand Selected Experiences
Enjoy a spectacular whale watching fjord cruise on a classic Icelandic Oak boat – discovering the big whales
* All 2024/25 dates, prices, itineraries and hotels are tentative and may be subject to change. Please contact our European Tour Specialists for further details.
- Our Christmas, New Year and Northern Lights tours travel throughout the European winter months. The weather can get cold, and roads and pathways can be slippery. When outdoors, please take extra care when navigating slippery surfaces.
- We recommend sturdy waterproof shoes, thick socks, a woollen beanie, thermal underclothes, gloves and sunglasses. You will be comfortable when travelling as your first class coach is fitted with heaters and double glazed windows. Once you arrive at your hotel you will be greeted with a warm and comfortable atmosphere.
- Due to the nature of some of the included excursions on these tours, this tour may not be suitable for anyone with mobility limitations. On these tours you may encounter deeper snow fields, uneven surfaces and icy pathways. These tours are are not suitable for travellers who are unable to walk without assistance.
- The ‘Northern Lights’ are absolutely at the behest of nature. We will be staying virtually a week in the north of Scandinavia and at some of the very best Aurora spotting locations to be found. We even go on an Aurora snowmobile safari. The chances of catching a wonderful display are very high however, as you will understand, cannot be guaranteed.
- Please contact our European Tour Specialists to discuss your specific needs.
Please refer to our Tour Suitability section for more information.
You might be interested in these similar tours
Go reindeer sledding through the snowy wilderness and stay in the extraordinary ICEHOTEL